Create a WBS-Activity module
You can find that table via Configuration and settings > Modules.
Click on create to open the creation window of an instance of WBS-Activity module. Fill in the following information:
- Name of the instance,
- If it is a 3-point estimation, check the box,
- If the modification of the input effort is authorized, check the box,
- Wording of the effort unit,
- Conversion coefficient in standard effort (hour),
- Profiles to be taken into account during the execution of the module.
All those information is modifiable.
You will then have to edit the module to finalize the configuration of the elements and ratios of the WBS.
Edit, duplicate, localize or delete a WBS-Activity module
Depending on your rights, you can edit a module instance thanks to the edition tabs that you can find:
- After you created the instance, you will be automatically directed to the edition tabs,
From the list of WBS modules, thanks to the icon.
Use the icons located in the Actions column of the table.
WBS elements (tree view)
The elements and stages of the WBS activity will be created under that tab. The stages and substages are presented in a tree view.
For each phase, you can specify:
- Position in the tree during display (whole or real number).
A WBS activity module can have one or several ratios. That tab allows to create as many ratios as desired.
You can duplicate a ratio from the list of ratios. The ratio elements will automatically be duplicated (ratio elements tab).
That is where the ratios created under Ratios must be configured. The information is divided in three tables:
- The first table presents the general configuration related to the ratios selected in the list. It allows to edit the name of the variables and their percentage compared to the input value. Those variables enable to distribute the input effort as UT (Unit testing), test effort, etc.
Examples of variable names: UT, TEST.
For each ratio, 4 variables are specified.
For each variable, the name, the description, the input value in percentage and the authorization to change its value while in use can be modified.
- The second table presents the ratios and the calculation formula for each stage. It allows to specify the formula for each stage according to the previously created variables and to the other stages (using the short name of the stages in the table).
The table contains a list of elements and stages of the WBS activity.
At the level of each stage, the following information is specified:
- Short name of the stage: to be used in other stages calculation formulae,
- Name of the stage,
- Option to make the stage facultative,
- Option to make the stage modifiable,
- Calculation formula: allows to specify the formula using the specified variables and the short names of other stages.
The Formulae can be represented in the following forms:
- 100% * RTU
- (10% * P1) + (40% * TEST)
- 20% * (P1+P2+P3+…+Pn)
- The third table presents the ratio per profile. It allows to allocate ratios for the selected profile for each stage.